Breaking down barriers, building a future.
I believe the primary duty of the Mayor is to ensure for the Safety and Prosperity of all of Tipton’s residents. As Mayor, I will serve the citizens of Tipton by:
1. Providing effective and balanced leadership that encourages contributions from all. Our city is filled with smart, talented and creative people and a good idea is a good idea, no matter who proposes it. Every person matters – every voice matters. Our city deserves a leader who works to unite its citizens, not a leader who is divisive.
2. Leveraging my extensive experience to ensure the success of our wonderful city. This includes accessing, when necessary, the many county, state and federal relationships I have developed over my many years of public service.
3. Ensuring all people in city leadership positions put the best interests of our citizens above all else. They will listen to all concerns and respond in a timely manner and with the utmost respect.
4. Promoting community involvement by municipal departments (Utilities, Street, Fire, Police and Others). This will strengthen the relationships with citizens.
5. Encouraging existing businesses to remain and expand. Enticing new businesses to invest in our city.
6. Creating an effective process to efficiently and fairly enforce the building code violations. It is important to preserve the value of home ownership - the largest investment some of our citizens make.
7. Developing a plan for modernizing existing utilities, with a vision toward expanding the service base.
8. Expanding walking/biking trails (urban and suburban) and establishing fitness areas that are accessible to everyone, from our youngest children to our treasured senior citizens.
9. Working closely with Tipton Community School Corporation, IU Health Tipton Hospital and other public partners. Together we provide a wonderful place to live, work and worship.
10. Supporting valued charities that are vital to our community